Svar fra: JoshuaKib

When I was in my twenties and thirties, I remember jumping right onto the basketball or tennis court, with no warmup. But, as I’m closing in on 60, I must prepare myself for workouts differently, especially for those types of sports that require side-to-side movements. During the day, most of our movements are forward and backward, in activities like running and walking. However, for guys who wants to be more athletic—particularly older guys—movement in all planes of motion is necessary to prevent injury and build strength. That is especially true if you’re sitting down all day on Zoom calls to earn a living. https://retrofitness.com/ Years ago I developed hip pointers when I played a lot of tennis, a sport that demands explosive lateral movements. That’s when I started doing more side-to-side exercises, including lateral lunges. These movements are in the frontal plane, and work your hip stabilizers in a different way than forward and backward movements, which are in the sagittal plane. To set up for the lateral lunge, stand up straight and tall. Take a large sidestep to the right. As your right foot lands, keep it pointing straight ahead, not flared out at an angle—your torso shouldn’t turn at all, either. Keep your left leg straight. Bend your right knee and push your butt back, just like doing a squat with one leg. Go down slowly and as far as you can comfortably, while maintaining your balance. Lastly, explode back up and bring your legs together to original standing position.

• Deltag i debatten
    Hvis du ønsker at deltage i debatten kan du klikke dig ind under en af indlæggene ude til venstre og skrive dit eget svar eller du kan vælge at oprette en nyt indlæg nedenfor.
    Opret ny indlæg
    Hvis du ønsker at oprette en nyt indlæg som andre kan deltage i skal du klikke på nedenstående knap.
    Tilbage til forum forsiden

Seneste emner